Student Artwork Selected for TASA/TASB Exhibition
Each year, the Texas Art Education Association presents an exhibit of Pre-K-12th grade artwork from across the state at the Texas Association of School Administrators & Texas Association of School Boards (TASA/TASB) Fall Conference. School board members, superintendents, and district administrators from all over Texas attend this annual convention. TAEA also presents an Arts Advocacy booth in the exhibit hall where area teachers bring student artists to demonstrate quality art education in action.
Selected to represent Klein ISD at this exhibit were eight original pieces of student art, four elementary and four secondary works.
From elementary are:
- The Scaly Fish by Emma Garcia, 2nd grade, from Blackshear, teacher Jody Territo
- Circles, by Dami Ogunlade, 3rd grade, from Brill, teacher, Vivian Davis
- Fishy Plumage by Luke Bowdre, 5th grade, from Haude, teacher Leah McWhorter
- Into the Wormhole by Alexa Flores from McDougle, teacher Joshua Orrego
From the secondary level are:
- Luminescent Gastropods by Medha Fotedar, 7th grade, from Schindewolf, teacher Kiersten Rucker
- Goldy by Faith Sagastume, 8th grade, from Wunderlich, teacher Rachel Jeter
- High School by Evelyn Chiu, 9th grade, from Klein Cain, teacher Marisa Marsico
- Prismatic Shadow by Joshua Menchaca, 10th grade, from Klein Collins, teacher Chad Hardin
Congratulations to all the talented Klein ISD visual arts students and teachers who are cultivating talent!
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 83-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 53,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinfamily.net