Each fall, the Texas Renaissance Festival holds a special Theatre Arts Festival. Klein ISD theatre arts programs have been participating in RenFest for many years. This past Tuesday, students from across the district competed in various events at the festival.
The Strack STARS were 34 strong and Hofius had 21 students attending their first ever RenFest. Thirty Kleb Advanced Theatre students participated and Krimmel’s 24 Advanced Theatre Production students presented The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged.
Congratulations to the following students who placed in events:
- Savanna Corrigan – 2nd place, Intermediate Art
- Alex Dore, Kendall Place, Raphael Amador, Pablo Salazar, Jayce Martin, Hannah Wrobleski – 2nd place Group Scene
- Davy Humphries, Jordan Campos, Kainaat Jahangir, Stephenie Pegg, Kai Powell – 1st place Group Scene
- Treble Choir – 2nd place
- Lily Ong, Ricky Pagnozzi – 3rd place – tied, Monologue
- Treble Choir – 3rd place
- Alexander Lagos – 2nd place, Essay
- Garrett Parker – 2nd place, Monologue
- Isabella Guerrero, Madison Dean, Jaime Gipson, Mercedes Madrigal, Ella Griffin, Kennedy James – 1st place, Group Scene
- Large Treble Choir – 2nd place
The students also had the opportunity to see multiple performances by other intermediate groups as well as enjoy a bit of yesteryear ambiance. The students have so much passion for theatre, and it shows as they watch and perform.
The festival is an adjudicated theatre arts competition, which offers students from area secondary campuses the opportunity to perform works of classical theater in an authentic Renaissance setting. Students in grades six through 12 compete in One Act Play, as individuals or groups in Monologue, Duet Scene, and Group Acting Scene categories. Experienced, credentialed theatre professionals adjudicate all performances, providing a valuable learning experience for participating students.
Renaissance Festival Fun pic.twitter.com/y7nT7gIQZS
— Hofius Intermediate (@HofiusKISD) November 6, 2018
— Andy Dommert (@andyd93) November 7, 2018
Congratulations to our amazing theater winners! It was a joy to watch you perform. pic.twitter.com/OgXwU0Ef9t
— Ulrich Intermediate (@UlrichKISD) November 7, 2018