With the face of ELA changing, the adoption of new standards, shifts in literacy practices, and advances in technology, many of us find ourselves at a crossroad. We must decide which practices go with us and which we leave behind.
It’s time to share your best ideas and practices for moving forward in literacy instruction. We are seeking presenters who offer the following:
- Strategies that support implementation of workshop components
- Personalizing learning through conferring, goal setting, and monitoring
- Integrating reading, writing, listening, and speaking to build literacy skills
- Use of new technologies or technology in new ways
Important Note: All presenters will have to complete a one-hour mandatory training session entitled PL: Presenters Purpose College Essentials Course. Please register in Eduphoria for one of the following dates:
- March 26 (3:30 – 4:30 or 4:45 – 5:45)
- April 24 (3:30 – 4:30 or 4:45 – 5:45)
- May 15 (3:30 – 4:30 or 4:45 – 5:45)
Presenters will have the option of choosing session length:
- 50 minutes
- 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Elementary ELA: June 12
- Secondary ELA: June 17
The deadline for proposal submissions is March 20, 2019.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
To submit your proposal, complete the Literacy: At the Crossroad Proposal Form.
Please contact your ELA program coordinator for more information: