Call For Presenters: ELA Summer Conferences
With the face of ELA changing, the adoption of new standards, shifts in literacy practices, and advances in technology, many of us find ourselves at a crossroad. We must decide which practices go with us and which we leave behind.
It’s time to share your best ideas and practices for moving forward in literacy instruction. We are seeking presenters who offer the following:
- Strategies that support implementation of workshop components
- Personalizing learning through conferring, goal setting, and monitoring
- Integrating reading, writing, listening, and speaking to build literacy skills
- Use of new technologies or technology in new ways
Important Note: All presenters will have to complete a one-hour mandatory training session entitled PL: Presenters Purpose College Essentials Course. Please register in Eduphoria for one of the following dates:
- March 26 (3:30 – 4:30 or 4:45 – 5:45)
- April 24 (3:30 – 4:30 or 4:45 – 5:45)
- May 15 (3:30 – 4:30 or 4:45 – 5:45)
Presenters will have the option of choosing session length:
- 50 minutes
- 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Elementary ELA: June 12
- Secondary ELA: June 17
The deadline for proposal submissions is March 20, 2019.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
To submit your proposal, complete the Literacy: At the Crossroad Proposal Form.
Please contact your ELA program coordinator for more information:
- Lower Elementary, Christin Baker, email@example.com
- Upper Elementary, Isabel Tuliao, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate, Stephanie Turlich, email@example.com
- High School, Kionna LeMalle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 84-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors.
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas, located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 88 square miles and serves more than 53,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinfamily.net