Voter Registration Open Now Through October 7
Voter registration is well underway in the great state of Texas for the upcoming November 5 Uniform Election. We want to make sure everyone in our Klein Family is prepared to fulfill his or her civic duty so we’ve compiled this list to walk you through the process.
Voting – What’s the big deal?
Voting is one of the most fundamental rights and responsibilities given to United States citizens. It gives us the opportunity to share our hearts and minds with the elected officials who represent EVERY. This, in turn, has the power to affect change.
You have the power to vote on topics today that will affect you and our community for years to come. Remember, your vote is your voice.
Okay, I get it. It’s a big deal. Am I eligible to vote?
You are eligible to vote in Texas if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months old, and you are 18 years of age on
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
*If you were born on or before September 5, 2001, you are eligible to vote, assuming you meet the other requirements.
I’m not registered. Can I vote?
To vote in Texas, you must be registered. In order to register, pick up or print out a Voter Registration Application. Simply fill it out and mail it in at least 30 days before the election date. Note: The last day to register is October 7, 2019.
You will mail in your completed registration application to the following address:
Ann Harris Bennett
Tax Assessor-Collector & Voter Registrar
P.O. Box 3527
Houston, TX 77253-3527
I don’t know if I’m registered to vote.
You can confirm your registration status on the VoteTexas.gov site by going to Am I Registered? where you will select one of three methods for conducting your search:
- your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- your first and last name.
Or, you can call the voter registrar’s office in the county where you reside.
The Harris County voter registrar’s office contact number is: 713-274-VOTE
Where can I get a Voter Registration Application?
- Request an application online from the Texas Secretary of State.
- Request, via e-mail at email@example.com for a paper application to be mailed to you. Provide a mailing address and phone number in your email.
- Call 713-274-VOTE (8683) to be assisted in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, or Chinese.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 83-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 53,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinfamily.net