The Importance of Good Attendance
Good attendance is one of the most powerful ways to set a student up for success, not only in school, but in work and life beyond K-12.
Missing school days can have a lasting, negative impact on your child
- Chronic absenteeism in early childhood is linked to a higher likelihood of dropping out of high school and not completing college.
- Students with good attendance tend to have better social skills, perseverance, and a sense of belonging in the classroom.
- School budgets depend on attendance. When a high percentage of students fail to regularly attend school, the district loses funding to pay for the innovative and essential learning supplies we want our students to have access to.
Education is a partnership between your family and the Klein Family of teachers, faculty, and staff. We are dedicated to creating a nurturing and welcoming environment so that our students are motivated to come to school and genuinely enjoy being there. But sometimes, we need your help to promote good attendance.
Good attendance starts at home
- Emphasize the importance of education and attendance in your household.
- Establish a bedtime and morning routine from the get-go. Habits are formed early.
- Encourage your student to get involved in extracurricular activities. In Klein ISD, we pride ourselves on our commitment to supporting EVERY student’s passions.
- If there’s an underlying reason that is causing your student to miss school, please never hesitate to contact your child’s counselor. Open communication is key.
We care deeply about the well-being and success of EVERY student in Klein ISD, and students must attend school in order to receive the benefits of a high-quality education. When schools and families work together to make good attendance the norm, we can advance student achievement one day at a time. Be sure to check out our Attendance Counts webpage for more Klein ISD-specific attendance information.
For additional attendance information, such as research findings, more tips and tricks for families, as well as federal, state, and local attendance policies, visit AttendanceWorks.org.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story