Now that the school year has officially kicked off, and we are in the swing of things as educators, it’s time to dive into personalized learning on a professional development level!
This month there are several opportunities for you to grow your knowledge in a variety of ways.
There are four new classes offered in the “Stepping Up to Personalized Learning” series. The series will be offered in Schoology and covers the four tenets of Personalized Learning from October 1st-18th. Register for each Stepping Up Into Personalized Learning course in Eduphoria or by using the links below. Each course should take around one hour to complete.
- Stepping Up to Personalized Learning – Competency Based Progression
- Stepping Up to Personalized Learning – Flexible Learning Environments
- Stepping Up to Personalized Learning – Learner Profile
- Stepping Up to Personalized Learning – Personal Learning Paths
Klein is hosting an Exchange Extravaganza during the weekend of October 5th. Choose from six online courses and earn exchange hours in the comfort of your own home. Courses begin Friday, October 4th, at 5 pm and end Sunday, October 6th, at midnight. Options include:
- Exchange Extravaganza: Personalized Learning with Schoology for Elementary
- Exchange Extravaganza: Personalized Learning with Schoology for Secondary
- Exchange Extravaganza: G1 – Google Beginner
- Exchange Extravaganza: G2 – Google Intermediate – Google Slides
- Exchange Extravaganza: G2 – Google Intermediate – Google Sites
- Exchange Extravaganza: Pod-class featuring Kleinversations podcast episodes
Check out this flyer for additional details, including the number of exchange hours participants earn by completing each course.
Important details about the upcoming Exchange Extravaganza:
- Participants can register in Eduphoria for as many Exchange Extravaganza courses as they like but will only receive credit for courses successfully completed in the weekend window beginning Friday, October 4, 5 pm and ending Sunday, Oct. 6, 11:59 pm.
- Exchange Extravaganza courses are designed to provide professional development outside of employees’ regular workday to qualify for exchange hour credit.
- Courses will not begin before 5 pm on Friday, October 4.
Personalized Learning Immersions
Beginning during the second quarter, all campuses will participate in the Immersion session covering learner profiles and establishing a culture of trust, partnership, and collaboration. Campus administration will implement the activity, so stay tuned!
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in one early childhood and pre-kindergarten center, one high school program of choice, 31 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story