Klein Oak High School Students Bring Home 22 Regional Scholastic Art Awards
Each year, Houston area schools and districts submit student artwork and writing to compete in The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, sponsored by the Harris County Department of Education.
In the fall, entries are judged by panels of highly-qualified professionals who select Gold Key, Silver Key, and Honorable Mention recipients for the regional competition. Gold Key winners go on to compete at the national level.
This year, Klein Oak High School art students received 10 regional Gold Key awards!
- Tiffany Campbell | Digital Art
- Alessandra Esquivel | Photography
- Daniel Alvarez Fedyaev | Photography (Daniel received not one, but two, Gold Key awards for photography)
- Briannah Hiebert |Digital Art
- Lily Lee | Art Portfolio
- Camryn Luther |Photography
- Chase Meech |Art Portfolio
- Darcy Segura |Drawing & Illustration
- Macy Thomas |Painting
“I’m extremely proud of all the creative work coming from this year’s Klein Oak Art students,” Klein Oak art instructor Jennifer Schiebel said. “The Regional accomplishments have been terrific and we are all hopeful for Klein ISD at the National level.”
Additionally, Klein Oak students received 12 Silver Key awards!
- Paulina Braden |Photography
- Josie Brewer |Mixed Media
- Josiah Brown | Drawing & Illustration
- Alexandra Everett | Photography
- Corra French | Photography (Corra received two Silver Keys for photography!)
- Alex Helveston | Photography
- Lily Lee | Drawing & Illustration
- Abigail Pfeiffer |Drawing & Illustration
- Emilio Rivera | Drawing & Illustration
- Macy Thomas | Drawing & Illustration
- Ava Tran | Drawing & Illustration
“At first I did not believe that mine was a strong piece, but at the end of regional judging I’m really pleased and excited to have received a Silver Key,” Alexandra Everett said.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards is the largest and most prestigious recognition program and source of scholarships for creative teens in the U.S. Past winners include Andy Warhol and Sylvia Plath.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 84-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors.
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas, located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 88 square miles and serves more than 53,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinfamily.net