Klein ISD Employee Update #1 — COVID-19
We are grateful for the many ways our Klein Family always comes together to take care of one another, especially during difficult times like these. We know that all of our employees are ready and willing to help our community as we continue to actively monitor the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in conjunction with local and federal health authorities.
In this update, you’ll find information regarding:
- Employee compensation
- Employee TRS-ActiveCare health plan update
- Virtual meeting resources
- Next steps
We would like to assure employees that payroll will be processed as usual during the district closure. Employees who were scheduled to work during the closure, including long-term substitutes, are eligible for pay per Klein ISD Board policy DEA local. Daily substitutes and temporary workers are not eligible. If you have any questions, please contact your HR specialist.
|Compensation Questions||Benefits & Leave Questions|
|Last Name: A-Gom|
Last Name: Gon-O
Last Name: P-Z
|Last Name: A-K|
Last Name: L-Z
Employee TRS-ActiveCare health plan update
We have been working closely with our benefits providers and have learned that the TRS-ActiveCare plan, Aetna and CVS Caremark will provide the following to all participants:
- $0 TRS Virtual Health visits through Teladoc visits for any health need.
- Waived costs for all diagnostic testing of COVID-19 for patients who meet CDC guidelines (ask your provider to make sure you qualify).
- If you or your family members contract COVID-19, you are eligible for care packages containing over-the-counter medications to alleviate symptoms and household cleaning supplies to help protect other household members from possible exposure. Please contact Aetna.
- Refills for maintenance medications before a 30-day prescription is up.
- Free home delivery of all prescription medications. See CVS FAQ for more details.
- Access to the following CVS Health programs:
- Crisis Response Lines for participants who may be experiencing anxiety related to COVID-19 (coming soon).
- Expanded 24/7 access to the Aetna Nurse Medical Line.
- Resources for Living toolkit with materials specifically developed for members experiencing anxiety related to COVID-19. For more information contact the Aetna Resources for Living at 1-833-327-2386.
- CVS Health has activated a process to allow for 10-day overrides when appropriate, for members in areas where a Declaration of Emergency has been issued.
- Have a question about your health care benefits? Help is just a phone call away. Dial 1-800-222-9205 and press 1 for Aetna (medical) or 2 for Caremark (prescriptions).
As health officials are encouraging social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19, we have created a website with resources to help the Klein Family connect virtually with one another using a variety of virtual tools. Please visit https://kisd.us/meetvirtually for more information.
We know that you may have questions. For the quickest response and instead of emailing individuals, please use the contact form located at https://kleinisd.net/COVID19. This form is monitored frequently and responses are provided regularly from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. weekdays.
All district department leaders and campus principals will attend a virtual meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17 to learn more information regarding next steps. By Friday, March 20, employees will receive instructions for the upcoming weeks from their school principal or direct supervisor. In addition, the district will continue to keep all employees and our community informed with regular updates. Please continue to work together to take good care of our students, our community, and one another.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story