Update #14 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #1 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #2 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #3 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #4 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #5 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #6 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #7 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #8 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #9 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #10 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #11 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #12 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #13 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #14 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #15 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #16 – Klein ISD COVID-19
- Update #17 – Klein ISD COVID-19
We want to start this update by acknowledging what we all know: the COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted our normal way of life. We know this extremely difficult situation has caused anxiety throughout the world, our country and amongst our Klein ISD students, families and staff. We know you have questions about how teachers will teach and how students will learn in the coming weeks.
We want to reassure you that although our school buildings are closed, Klein ISD is open for learning, and we will continue to support our students, families, and community. This update includes:
- Klein At-Home Learning: Lessons & resources for March 23-27
- UIL suspension of athletic activities
- Reminder: Meal distributions resume tomorrow March 23
Klein At-Home Learning: Lessons & resources for March 23-27
Klein At-Home Learning is our virtual hub of lessons and resources as we move our classrooms outside of our Klein ISD school walls into virtual classrooms set up in our students’ homes. Klein ISD teachers and staff look forward to connecting with students virtually, and we remain grateful for our continued partnership with our Klein ISD families.
During this unprecedented situation, Klein ISD wants to assure our students and their families of the following:
- We believe that families are doing their best to take care of their children during this difficult time.
- We commit to providing at-home learning opportunities and resources for our students to support their education while Klein ISD school buildings are closed.
- We recognize that there are unique circumstances in every home that may impact a student’s ability to learn during this challenging situation.
- We will be patient and support all of our students to the best of our ability during this pandemic. In turn, we ask for your patience with our Klein ISD teachers and staff who are doing their absolute best to take care of our students in the midst of the challenges caused for them and their families by COVID-19.
At-Home Learning lessons and resources for March 23-27 are now available. Please access our At-Home Learning site at https://kleinisd.net/athomelearning. Lessons and resources will continue to be updated for our students weekly.
As always, if you have specific questions about your student’s education, please contact the appropriate staff member (e.g. teacher, principal, counselor, etc.) on your student’s campus. Contact information is available on each campus webpage linked on the Klein ISD webpage.
UIL suspends all activities until at least May 4
The UIL announced Thursday, March 19, 2020, that it is extending its suspension of all UIL-sanctioned activities because of the outbreak of COVID-19.
Per the UIL, ALL contests, practices, rehearsals, and workouts will remain suspended until further notice. May 4 is the earliest that games could resume.
“Keeping our students and staff safe has always been the number one goal in athletics. While this is certainly disappointing, especially for our spring sports, we all need to do our part to keep everyone safe. Please heed the advice of officials and stay home. By doing that, we can all help and get back to doing what we love sooner. Our tradition of excellence in athletics will not be stopped by COVID-19 or anything else. Stay safe.”– Darby Young, Klein ISD Athletic Director
FREE meals offered via curbside pickup
Klein ISD will continue providing meals to our Klein ISD families while our school buildings are closed.
Klein ISD will now be offering a hot lunch in addition to take-home meals beginning Monday, March 23 at the following campuses:
- Hildebrandt Intermediate – 22800 Hildebrandt Rd, Klein, TX 77389
- Klein Annex – 7302 Kleingreen Ln, Klein, TX 77379
- Klein Intermediate – 4710 W Mt Houston Rd, Klein, TX 77088
- Strack Intermediate – 18027-S Kuykendahl Rd, Klein, TX 77379
- Ulrich Intermediate – 10103 Spring Cypress Rd, Klein, TX 77070
- Wunderlich Intermediate – 11800 Misty Valley Dr, Klein, TX 77066
Meals will be served on Monday, March 23, Wednesday, March 25, and Friday, March 27 from 10:30 am-12:30 pm or until all meals are distributed. Children 18 and under must be present to receive meals. For more information, please visit https://kisd.us/food.
For other community resources for food, please call the Houston Food Bank hotline at (832) 369-9390.
Klein ISD COVID-19 Update #15 will be shared by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25
Should you have specific questions about anything related to COVID-19 for Klein ISD, for the quickest response and instead of emailing individuals, please use the contact form located at https://kleinisd.net/COVID19. This form is monitored frequently and responses are provided regularly from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. weekdays.
While district buildings are closed, Klein ISD emergency and essential personnel for this evolving situation continue to consult with local health authorities and to convene virtually and regularly in order to conduct a full and ongoing assessment of risks for students and staff. As always, the safety of our students, staff, and families remains a top priority, and we will act out of an abundance of caution to protect everyone’s health and well-being.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story