See if Your Student is Eligible for Klein ISD’s Two-Way Dual Language Program Today
Applications are now open for enrollment into Klein ISD’s Two-Way Dual Language Program.
Klein ISD’s Two-Way Dual Language Program is a biliteracy program that integrates native Spanish speakers and native English speakers through literacy in the core areas of math, reading, Language Arts, science, and Social Studies. Beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through fifth grade, all core subjects are taught 50 percent in Spanish and 50 percent in English.
Applications will be provided during virtual Partnership Meetings (see below).
Need more information?
Join us for a partnership meeting! Families must attend a (virtual) Partnership meeting as part of the application process into the Two-Way Dual Language Program for 2020-2021 School year.
- April 16, 2020: Two-Way Dual Language Partnership Meeting, 9:00 -10:00 a.m. or 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Zoom Meeting –bit.ly/KleinDual)
- April 23, 2020: Two-Way Dual Language Partnership Meeting, 9:00 -10:00 a.m. or 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Zoom Meeting –bit.ly/KleinDual)
- May 14, 2020: Two-Way Dual Language Partnership Meeting, 9:00 -10:00 a.m. or 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Zoom Meeting –bit.ly/KleinDual)
Who is enrollment open to?
- Students identified as English learners,* per Chapter 89 TEC, zoned to a dual-language campus automatically qualify for the program in grades K-2.**
- AND incoming kindergarten students who are English proficient and would like to become bilingual and biliterate. Please refer to the application process for guidance.
* Spanish is indicated in Home Language Survey
** Currently Two-Way Dual Language is only offered through second grade and will continue to grow
Two-Way Dual Language Campuses:
- Brill Elementary
- Fox Elementary
- Kaiser Elementary
- Klenk Elementary
- Northampton Elementary
- Zwink Elementary
Things to consider
- Consideration is given to students transferring from a dual language program in another district. Placement will be after the final application deadline May 29, 2020, and will be based on the available space and balance of English and Spanish learners. Placement decisions will be made by the Instructional Officer of Dual Language.
- Transportation is provided to learners who are zoned to a dual-language campus, learners who transfer into a campus must provide their own transportation.
Contact Information to Register at Your Home Campus
Principal, Brill Elementary
9102 Herts Road Klein, TX 77379
Principal, Northampton Elementary
6404 Root Road Klein, Tx 77389
T: 832-484-5550 firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal, Kaiser Elementary
13430 Bammel N. Houston Road Klein, TX 77066
Principal, Fox Elementary
4800 Port Aegean Dr., Klein, TX 77388
Principal, Klenk Elementary
6111 Bourgeois Road Klein, TX 77066
Principal, Zwink Elementary
22200 Frassati Way Klein, TX 77389
Instructional Officer, Multilingual
4411 Louetta Road, Klein, TX 77388
Department of Multilingual Services
Teaching & Learning Center
4411 Louetta Road, Klein, TX 77388
The goal of the program is to help students become bilingual, bi-literate, and bicultural while promoting high academic achievement. This program will provide an opportunity for students to exemplify Profile of a Learner and Profile of a Leader preparing them to excel in a global community.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story