Klein ISD Curbside Meals Extended Through July 30
Over 700,545 meals served to our Klein Community!
Klein ISD Nutrition & Food Services is proud to have served over 700,545 meals via #KleinCurbside to our Klein Community! We are also excited to announce we were granted permission from TDA to extend the serving of our free multi-day meal kits through July 30 as we continue to meet the needs of our Klein Family.
#KleinCurbside hubs will serve at six Curbside Hubs on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Curbside Hub Locations
- Hildebrandt Intermediate – 22800 Hildebrandt Rd, Klein, TX 77389
- Klein Annex – 7302 Kleingreen Ln, Klein, TX 77379
- McDougle Elementary – 10410 Kansack Ln, Houston, TX 77086
- Strack Intermediate – 18027-S Kuykendahl Rd, Klein, TX 77379
- Klein Cain High School – 10201 Spring Cypress Rd, Klein, TX 77070
- Wunderlich Intermediate – 11800 Misty Valley Dr, Klein, TX 77066
Curbside Meal FAQ
Who can get a free meal kit?
Any child under the age of 18 may receive a meal kit. The child does not have to be a student in Klein ISD. A child must be present to receive a meal kit or approved documentation may be shown. *listed below
Approved Documentation List
Any of the following documents can be shown
- Student ID card
- Official letter/email from district or school listing child(ren) enrollment
- Individual student report card
- Birth certificate for child(ren) not in school
- Attendance record from parent portal of school website (ex. Skyward)
How to access attendance record via Skyward
- Visit: https://skyward.kleinisd.net/ or open the Klein ISD mobile app, select the “Students” button, then select the ”Skyward Login” option.
- Sign in using credentials
- Select the “Attendance” tab on the left panel to show attendance record
What is a Meal Kit?
A Meal Kit includes breakfast and lunch entrees, as well as side and snack items that last multiple days to ensure students have well-balanced meals during school closures.
Monday Meal Kit Meals includes:
Thursday Meal Kit Meals include:
Sample entrees include:
Warm Lunch – Bosco Sticks, Cheeseburger, Chicken Sandwich
Cold Lunch – Various Individually wrapped sandwiches
Heat at home Lunch – Chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, drumsticks, taco snack burritos, pasta bowls & MORE!
Cold Breakfast – Cereal with milk
Heat-at-home Breakfast – Pancakes, cinnamon rolls & MORE!
Sample side items include:
Fresh fruit – Oranges, apples, grapefruit
Cup of fruit –Peaches, pears
Fresh Veggie –Celery, carrots, broccoli
Warm side – Baked beans, steamed broccoli, corn
Heat-at-home sides – curly fries
You can always find the latest information on Klein Curbside meals by visiting us online at https://kisd.us/food.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 84-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors.
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas, located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 88 square miles and serves more than 53,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinfamily.net