Incoming 9th-Graders: It’s Time to Exchange your Chromebook
Ninth-graders for the 2020-2021 school year need to exchange their Chromebooks for Tablet PCs. These new devices are required for high school coursework. Students will need to be in attendance to receive a tablet. Please bring your tablet, case, and power cord.
- Freshman Tech Swap: Wednesday, July 29 – Friday, July 31 at your new high school
- Wednesday, 7/29, 9 a.m – 7 p.m. – Students with last names beginning with A-L
- Thursday, 7/30, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. – Students with last names beginning with M-Z
- Friday, 7/31, 9 a.m. – 12 noon – Students who cannot swap on 7/29 or 7/30
Freshman Tech Swap will include 4 distinct stations to provide a curbside exchange of devices with minimal contact between students and staff.
If you have any questions, please use this Tech Support Form.
- Q: What if a student cannot come to Freshman Tech Swap on their day?
- A: Students who cannot come on their designated day should come on Friday, July 31.
- Q: Can a student receive a device during the Tech Swap if he or she has not paid for the 2020-21 device insurance or security deposit?
- A: Yes, if they are returning their currently issued Klein ISD Chromebook. This device-for-device swap is designed to equip students with devices they will need to begin high school classes on August 19 while serving a dual purpose of collecting devices that must be cleaned, repaired, and prepped for issuance to 6th-grade students at intermediate schools.
- Can any student come to get a device July 29-31 with the Freshman Tech Swap?
- A: Not through these tech swaps. Students who need to receive a device but do not have one to swap will have the opportunity to do so in August.
- Which high school does my student go to for the Freshman Tech Swap?
- A: Students will go to the high school where they will take classes for 2020-21 to return their Chromebooks and accessories and receive their high school device and accessories.
- Does my student have to be present or can someone switch their device for them?
- A: Each student must swap the device issued to him/her and sign the receipt of acceptance through their Klein Google account after logging in to their high school device. Parents and siblings cannot do this in place of an incoming freshman.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story