Update #9: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #1: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #2: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #3: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #4: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #5: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #6: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #7: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #8: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #9: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #10: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #11: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #12: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
Dear Klein ISD Families,
Thank you for the continued support as we are preparing for an excellent start of our school year for your students and our staff. As new information evolves, we remain fully committed to clearly communicating the information regarding how Klein ISD will support the health and safety of all students and staff in our care, while establishing clear protocols to support your student in Klein Online and Klein On-Campus.
REMINDER: Klein Online and Klein On-Campus begin on September 8, 2020. We are so excited about the upcoming start of our school year!
In this update, you’ll find:
- Extended Elementary Device Distribution
- Continued Secondary Device Distribution
- Internet Hotspot Pickup
- Technology Frequently Asked Questions
Extended Elementary Device Distribution
Elementary students who have enrolled in Klein Online Learning and have indicated that they need a device to participate in online learning will receive a device issued by Klein ISD. Distribution information is as follows:
- Location: Klein High School bus lot
- Hours of operation:
- Friday, Aug. 21: 9 a.m. – 1:00 p.m and 4-7 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 28: 9 a.m. – 1:00 p.m and 4-7 p.m.
To receive a device, families must have indicated a device is needed through Skyward enrollment. Families who did not originally indicate their child would need a device or internet connectivity to begin online learning should contact the campus registrar where their child is enrolled to update that information in Skyward. Families should provide the student’s name and grade level when requesting this update to a child’s enrollment.
Students participating in Klein On-Campus Learning and who will attend classes on campuses will not be issued devices as part of the distribution schedule above. They will have access to devices on their home campus.
Continued Secondary Device Distribution
All secondary schools (intermediate and high schools) will continue to issue devices to students Monday through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Students should go to the campus where they are enrolled to receive devices. Each student must be present to receive the device, start it and log in for the first time on the high school campus grounds, and sign the device receipt of acceptance as part of this process.
Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Weekdays through Friday, Sept. 4
Internet Hotspot Pickup
Families who indicated they do not have internet access to participate in online learning have been able to request connectivity during the 2020-21 enrollment process. Wireless hotspots will be issued to families until supplies have been depleted.
- Communication will be sent directly to specific families to receive a hotspot on the following dates in the Klein High School bus lot near the stadium.
- Families will receive only 1 hotspot, regardless of the number of children for whom they request internet connectivity.
- Hours of operation:
- Friday, Aug. 21 | 9 am-1 pm and 4-7 pm
- Friday, Aug. 28 | 9 am-1 pm and 4-7 pm
Technology Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a student receive a device during these technology distributions if he or she has not paid for the 2020-21 device insurance or security deposit?
- Yes, Klein ISD is waiving the cost of device insurance or security deposit for the 2020-21 school year. Any student who returns a previously issued device will be issued a device to use during the 2020-21 school year.
- Does my student have to be present or can another family member receive a device for him/her?
- Each student should be present to receive a device issued to him/her and sign the receipt of acceptance.
- Can I exchange the device I received previously for one with a camera?
- We are not exchanging devices based on camera or no camera. Should the opportunity to exchange devices without cameras for devices with cameras be available, we will notify families directly.
- When can my child receive a device if they are going to school for on-campus learning?
- Students who are doing on-campus learning will use devices at their school as part of on-campus activities. The current emphasis is on providing all online students who need a device the tools to do online learning. Should the ability to provide devices to students doing on-campus learning become available, you will be notified.
- What if I want my students to do online learning instead of on-campus learning now?
- Families who did not originally indicate their child would need a device or internet connectivity to begin online learning should contact the campus registrar where their child is enrolled to update that information in Skyward. Families should provide the student’s name and grade level when requesting this update to a child’s enrollment.
- What if I want to bring back a Klein ISD device I received because I no longer need it?
- Please return the device to the distribution location at the Klein High School bus lot near the stadium on Friday, Aug. 21, or Friday, Aug. 28. The device will not be exchanged for a different device at that time, but we will accept devices no longer needed for student learning.
- What do I do if the device my elementary student received needs to be repaired?
- Klein Forest, Klein High, and Klein Collins high schools will continue to serve as repair centers for elementary devices between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If the device an elementary student is using is not functioning correctly or needs to be repaired, please bring it to one of those 3 campuses on Tuesday or Thursday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Who do I contact if I need technology assistance and cannot go to a campus repair center?
- If families need help, they can submit a Tech Help Form for assistance.
Need more Support?
We know you may have questions about the upcoming school year. As we continue to gather information from state and local authorities for the return to school, we will continue to send updates to families with all new information.
Klein ISD is committed to clearly communicating information from our state and local officials that determine how a school or the district will support the health and safety of all students and staff in our care. Regardless of changing circumstances and with a focus on the health and wellness of staff and students, Klein ISD will continue to provide an excellent learning experience for every student.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story