Update #10: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #1: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #2: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #3: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #4: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #5: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #6: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #7: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #8: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #9: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #10: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #11: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #12: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
We are getting closer to our first day of school and are busy preparing for an excellent start of Klein Online and Klein On-Campus. As always, we remain fully committed to clearly communicating the information regarding how Klein ISD will support the health and safety of all students and staff in our care while establishing clear protocols to support your student in Klein Online and Klein On-Campus.
REMINDER: Klein Online and Klein On-Campus begin on September 8, 2020. We are so excited about the upcoming start of our school year!
In this update, you’ll find:
- Information about an optional Klein Online Simulation for ALL students
- Simple, easy-to-watch video support for navigating Klein Online
- Low-cost internet for qualified families
Optional Klein Online Simulation for ALL students
Your student is invited to participate in an optional Klein Online Simulation, this Thursday, August 27 anytime from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. with your campus teachers while you are at home. Please note:
- Teachers will follow their full-day schedule.
- If you decide to log in and participate, students in grades 6-12 will follow their daily schedules along with the bell schedule found on the campus web page.
- Elementary students in K-5 will follow the schedule shared by the principal on August 5th.
- Again, this is optional and students are not expected (but are encouraged!) to engage the full day.
Why are we running a Klein Online simulation?
During this scheduled simulation for Klein Online, the district network will be closely monitored to determine traffic loads, transmission rates, and bandwidth shaping and priorities to ensure a smooth online experience. Also, we want to successfully acclimate all our students with Klein Online not only for those students who chose Klein Online to start the school year, but also students who chose Klein On-Campus, in the event a student may be required to transition to Klein Online due to an unexpected COVID-19 situation that could occur on campus this school year. We want to be prepared, ready, and ensure high-quality learning access for all our students.
How does the Klein Online simulation work?
The good news is that participation is simple! If you are unfamiliar with Schoology to access Klein Online, please watch and read the series of easy-to-follow videos below to help you and your student feel well-informed before starting. Then, on Thursday, August 27, any time during the day, login in and begin navigating Klein Online through Schoology and other available resources that your teachers have prepared for this simulation. If at any time during the day, you have difficulty, let us know! Simply fill out THIS FORM and tell us about your problem. We appreciate your patience!
What you need to do before the Klein Online optional simulation this Thursday
Before the optional Klein Online simulation on Thursday, if you are a high school student with a Windows Klein-issued device, and you have not been on campus to login in the past month, you will need to:
- Please go to your nearest Klein Campus (district map here).
- We have boosted our WiFi signal so that you can access the Klein network from the parking lot. Please do not enter the building and remain in your car.
- Turn your computer on, log in, and connect to the Klein Wifi network.
- Then wait for your computer to accept updates.
This is the best way to ensure that login will go smoothly and access to all Klein ISD digital resources. Please note that these updates may take up to one hour, depending on the last time a student used a device on the KISD network.
Simple, easy-to-watch video support for navigating Klein Online
As we approach the start of school on September 8, we want to equip all of our students and their families with the information to understand how to successfully navigate Klein Online. Although some of our students and their families selected to start the year with Klein On-Campus, we believe that it is necessary that all of our students are knowledgeable with navigating Klein Online through Schoology, our Learning Management System. See below a sequential series of videos in English and Spanish to assist all families with a successful transition of Klein Online.
- Having trouble with your Klein ISD device?
- How do I create a space in my home for Klein Online?
- How do I access Klein Online?
- How do I navigate Klein Online using Schoology?
- Do you want a more comprehensive understanding of Schoology?
Low-Cost Internet for Qualified Families
Through its Internet Essentials program, Comcast is offering low-cost internet for qualified families. Comcast partners with local communities to pass on the importance of being connected and provide low‑cost Internet service along with free training. Check out this website for more information and to see if you qualify for the program: https://www.internetessentials.com/
Need more Support?
We know you may have questions about the upcoming school year. As we continue to gather information from state and local authorities for the return to school, we will continue to send updates to families with all new information.
Klein ISD is committed to clearly communicating information from our state and local officials that determine how a school or the district will support the health and safety of all students and staff in our care. Regardless of changing circumstances and with a focus on the health and wellness of staff and students, Klein ISD will continue to provide an excellent learning experience for every student.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story