Update #11: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #1: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #2: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #3: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #4: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #5: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #6: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #7: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #8: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #9: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #10: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #11: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
- Update #12: Roadmap to Reopening Klein ISD
We are so excited to welcome back students for the 2020-2021 school year. Our staff has been hard at work successfully preparing for the safe and successful return of students to our campuses. Preparations for Klein On-campus include updating various health and safety protocols based on the most current guidance from the CDC in order to keep everyone safe.
Reminder: School starts on September 8, 2020, for Klein Online or Klein On-Campus, based on the family selection! Optional Klein Online simulation is Monday, August 31, 2020. Optional Klein On-campus simulation is Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
In this update, you will find:
- Klein On-Campus Health and Safety Protocols: Reminders & Updates
- COVID-19 reporting and contact tracing for Klein On-Campus
Klein ISD Health & Safety Protocols: Reminders & Updates
Numerous health and safety protocols will be in place to keep Klein staff and students safe while participating in Klein On-Campus. Health and safety protocols for Klein On-Campus were originally posted in July 2020 and continue to be regularly updated in response to ever-evolving guidance on https://support.kleinisd.net/. Thank you for your cooperation in adhering to these most up-to-date expectations.
Klein On-Campus Family Attestation
During annual enrollment through Skyward/Family Access, each family who registered in the district was required to complete the following Klein On-Campus attestation:
Please note that by selecting in-person instruction for my child, I acknowledge that the environment may look different from what school has traditionally looked like. Consistent with guidance from federal, state, and local agencies, Klein ISD will require certain health and safety precautions be taken for in-person school attendance, including, but not limited to, health screenings, wearing masks, social distancing, increased hand-washing/sanitizing, and the immediate pickup of sick children. These precautions are subject to change as circumstances change. I will help my family comply with those rules. I also understand that the selection for in-person instruction is a selection for a grading period except that certain circumstances may allow or require my child to be transferred to Klein Online Learning.
Daily, at-home health screening
All staff and students participating in Klein On-Campus commit to conducting a daily COVID-19 screening at home prior to entering a Klein ISD campus/facility. Reminders will be posted at building entrances. Students who exhibit any of the symptoms on the COVID-19 screening tool should not report on campus and should follow their Klein Online schedule. Families should contact the school with any updates and changes.
Klein ISD will provide extra deep-cleaning of school facilities, including disinfecting every bus and room daily. Teachers will set up procedures for additional cleaning in their classrooms during the day. Hand sanitizer stations are available on every campus, and additional cleaning supplies will be provided in high traffic areas, as well as the classrooms.
All staff and students (grades PK-12) must wear face masks while on Klein ISD property. This includes buses, all hallways, and in common areas. Students and staff will wear face masks when entering and/or exiting the gym, playground, or activity space and when not actively engaged in rigorous physical activity. In light of recently updated CDC guidance, please review our mask expectations here.
COVID-19 reporting & contact tracing
Klein ISD will follow all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and has established the information that will be shared with staff, students, and families regarding a positive COVID-19 case on campus.
- Each campus administrative team, along with the school nurse, are trained regarding the reporting, investigating, contact tracing, and communication to staff and families of a reported positive COVID-19 case on campus. All staff and families will be notified if a positive COVID-19 case is reported on campus. If an individual is in close contact with an infected individual, a phone call will be made to the student’s parent/caregiver.
- If your child is off-campus and you need to report his/her positive COVID-19 case to your child’s campus, please use this COVID-19 reporting form online instead of emailing or calling the campus. This pertains to students who are participating in Klein On-Campus only. The school nurse will follow up with you regarding your report and any necessary next steps. You will use this reporting feature beyond the school hours; otherwise, we ask that you please contact your child’s school nurse to report a positive COVID-19 case of your child.
Good health practices
- Klein ISD will continue to educate our students, staff, and community members about the importance of frequent hand-washing; covering a cough or sneeze; not touching one’s eyes, nose, and mouth; staying home when sick, and other measures to help prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
- There will be at least two water bottle fillers provided at each campus. Students will not be allowed to use the water fountain for drinking but can use the water fountains to fill their water bottles they bring from home. Disinfectant wipes will be available for students and/or staff to use on the bus and in the classroom. We are also increasing the fresh-air intake of our HVAC system to the highest setting to pull in more outside air as well as upgrading our HVAC filters. Campuses will implement procedures to minimize hallway traffic.
- Klein ISD has created universal signage for all facilities including, but not limited to, signs for the use of face coverings per official orders, social distancing, hand-washing/sanitizing, directional signage for all staff, students, and visitors when they are permitted to be on campuses. As a reminder, Klein ISD is not allowing visitors on campus at this time for the health and safety of students and staff.
- Campuses establish logistical procedures for student movement in the hallways, lunchroom procedures, and staggered bell dismissals.
Additional information related to these health and safety protocols can be found on support.kleinisd.net and in the Roadmap to Reopening – FAQs document. We look forward to seeing your children on September 8, 2020, and we greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding with our health and safety protocols.
Need more support?
We know you may have questions about the upcoming school year. As we continue to gather information from state and local authorities for the return to school, we will continue to send updates to families with all new information. You can ask questions and access our comprehensive FAQs by visiting https://support.kleinisd.net.
Klein ISD is committed to clearly communicating information from our state and local officials that determine how a school or the district will support the health and safety of all students and staff in our care. Regardless of changing circumstances and with a focus on the health and wellness of staff and students, Klein ISD will continue to provide an excellent learning experience for every student.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story