Employee News: COVID Info and Full-Day Pre-k for Employees’ Children
Thank you for everything you have done to prepare for an excellent start with our students returning on-campus and online. We appreciate your dedication and continued efforts serving in our Klein Family.
We have three important updates to share with you today:
- Free COVID-19 Testing Site in Klein
- Daily Health Check on Frontline Health Portal beginning Sept. 28
- Full-Day Pre-K available for employee’s children; enrollment beginning Sept. 21
Free COVID-19 Testing Site in Klein
Klein ISD is partnering with Harris County Public Health Department to offer free, gold standard COVID-19 testing to employees and students at nearby locations. These test sites are open to any employee or student, regardless of age, citizenship, or insurance coverage.
We are pleased to announce testing at the Klein Multipurpose Center, but there are additional locations around the area that can be found HERE.
In order to receive a test, you must first complete the self-assessment survey and secure an appointment at HCPHTX.org or by calling (832)927-7575. If registering online, please be sure to keep the username and password you use to sign up as these will be necessary for you to obtain your results. Results will be available in 1-3 business days.
More information about testing can be found here: What Happens at a Test Site
Other COVID-19 Resources
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield TRS insurance members have access to $0 COVID-19 testing, telemedicine, and hospital stays for all of 2020 in addition to current TRS health plan benefits. See HERE for more information.
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act ensures that COVID-19 testing is free to anyone in the United States, including the uninsured. Additional testing sites
Daily Health Check on Frontline Health Portal beginning Sept. 28, 2020
In order for Klein ISD staff to more quickly and easily complete the required Daily COVID-19 Health Check, Klein ISD has implemented a Frontline Health Portal for all Klein ISD staff.
- Just as you were doing before, please complete the required Daily COVID-19 Health Check prior to reporting to work each day. All employees will be required to utilize the Frontline Health Portal beginning Monday, September 28, 2020, prior to entering your Klein ISD place of employment.
- The portal is accessible via a web-based application or by downloading the free app on your phone or tablet by visiting the Apple App Store or Android Apps on Google Play.
- Please see this DOCUMENT for complete instructions.
If you have any questions about the Health Check, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For 2020-2021 School Year Only: Full-Day Pre-K available for employees’ children
For the 2020-2021 year only due to the unusual and unpredictable circumstances of COVID, we are so excited that we are offering Pre-K to our employees’ children free-of-charge to enroll in one of our excellent Klein ISD Pre-K programs. We are opening enrollment on September 21.
Things to know:
- Seats are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students must be four years of age at the time of enrollment.
- Employees’ children may attend Pre-K in Klein ISD, even if students do not meet federal eligibility for enrollment or do not live in the district. This is an additional benefit we are offering to our employees.
- For this school year only due to the unusual and unpredictable circumstances of COVID-19, tuition will be waived for an employee’s child who does not meet federal eligibility. Should Pre-K be available for employees’ children in future school years, employees will be required to pay tuition for Pre-K if they do not meet federal eligibility requirements.
- Pre-K for employees’ children is not available at every elementary campus due to varying numbers of open seats at each school.
- Klein ISD transportation is only available to children attending their home-zoned campus.
- After school care will be available on eligible campuses (Grace England will host after school care at McDougle Elementary). After school care is provided by a third-party, and a fee is assessed. More information will be available after enrollment.
Timeline and Enrollment Information:
- Enrollment opens on Monday, September 21, 2020.
- Please review and complete this application to start the enrollment process.
- Upon receipt and verification of available seats, you will receive an email asking you to complete the enrollment process in Skyward.
- The following campuses are eligible for enrollment due to additional capacity availability. The enrollment application will allow the employee to note their campus preference. We will do our best to honor your preference for attendance.
- Monolingual or Bilingual Campuses
- Grace England Early Childhood Center
- Bernshausen Elementary
- Eiland Elementary
- Mahaffey Elementary
- Monolingual Only Campuses
- Kreinhop Elementary
- Kuehnle Elementary
- Lemm Elementary
- Roth Elementary
Once enrollment is complete, you will receive an email confirmation from our Early Learning Coordinator, Emily Puente, email@example.com, with next steps for campus assignment and start date for the student.
If you have questions, please direct them to Early Learning Coordinator, Emily Puente, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Pre-K in Klein ISD, please visit our comprehensive Pre-K website.
Thank you for your continued service and support of Klein ISD as a valued member of the Klein Family. You are appreciated!
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story