Family Survey and Remote Learning Days
Dear Klein ISD Families,
Today is the last day of our first quarter of learning! We know that this ongoing COVID-19 situation has caused hardship for families, students, and educators, and we are grateful for your continued patience and support.
In this update, you will find:
- Family Feedback Survey – Now Until November 12
- Upcoming Districtwide Remote Learning Days
- COVID-19 case dashboard for your information
Family Feedback Survey – Open Now Until November 12, 2020
We would like to hear your feedback in our 3-minute family survey about how this first quarter has been for your student. Please check your email and complete the survey by November 12, 2020. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Districtwide Remote Learning Days
Our teachers are working harder than ever to teach students both in-person and virtually. To support our teachers in providing a positive learning experience for your children, one area in need of immediate attention is additional planning and preparation time for our classroom teachers. To that end, we are designating the following dates as Remote Learning Days:
- Friday, December 4, 2020
- Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Friday, March 12, 2021
- Friday, April 16, 2021
On Remote Learning Days, Klein Online students will continue to learn online from home. Klein On-Campus students are strongly encouraged to learn remotely from home on these days as well. On-campus learning will be available for those families who request it, and campuses will be in touch with their families no later than November 16 with more information.
Klein On-Campus students who will be learning remotely on these days will be provided the following:
- Pre-K through 5th-grade — On-campus students will have the option of completing lessons through paper packets or in Schoology if they have access to their own devices. Schoology lessons will be in an asynchronous format (not live through Zoom). Schools will provide paper packets or Schoology assignments to their students in advance of Remote Learning Days. Completing assignments either through paper packets or lessons provided in Schoology will show evidence of asynchronous learning and will satisfy attendance requirements.
- 6th through 12th-grade — On-campus students will learn through Schoology in an asynchronous format (not live through Zoom). Any assignments given will be submitted by the end of the day for each course. Completing and submitting assignments in Schoology will show evidence of asynchronous learning, and grades for those assignments will satisfy attendance requirements.
Klein Online students (who will remain at home) will:
- Learn through instructional lessons and posted assignments in Schoology in an asynchronous format (not live through Zoom).
- Satisfy attendance requirements by showing evidence of completing and submitting assignments provided in Schoology.
The Klein ISD school calendar remains the same for holidays and staff development days. You can view the school calendar here.
Klein ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
Make sure to see the Klein ISD COVID-19 Dashboard for daily updates about active cases in our district as well as information about keeping our campuses safe and clean. To switch to Klein On-campus, please go to https://kisd.us/switch to complete the form with your student’s information. Your child’s campus will be in contact with you shortly after completing this information.
Thank you, Families!
Thank you for your support this year and the grace you continue to afford our campus principals, administration, and especially our teachers, who are learning an entirely new way of teaching and learning. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we continue to make adjustments that we believe will have a positive impact on both our students and staff.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story