Update from Dr. McGown – Forward to the best yet!
Dear Klein Family,
With just over 30 days to go in the 2020-2021 school year, I can’t tell you how proud I am of all that we’ve accomplished together so far! And although it certainly has not been easy and everyone has made sacrifices for the greater good, we’ve been able to safely operate our schools all year, never once having to close a campus or even a classroom, and are now so pleased that 80% of our students are back with us in class, in person.
SO FAR THIS YEAR
In addition to students returning safely to classrooms to learn with teachers and friends, Klein ISD continues to lead the way in safely resuming in-person events that are so important to our Klein Family. I remain grateful for our hardworking, innovative staff and community safely making special moments possible for our kids and families!
Here are a few highlights Klein ISD has already made possible:
- Student-athletes competed in gyms and on fields (Class 6A State Runner-Up Klein High Volleyball Team)
- Fine arts students performed in auditoriums and at contests across the state (All-State Student Musicians)
- FFA students showed and auctioned projects in our KMPC arena (show proceeds totaled over $340,000 in scholarships!).
- Class of 2021 Honor Graduates from all five high schools were honored in February at in-person ceremonies for their exceptional academic performance.
- Eligible graduates at our specialized high school program, Vistas, tossed their caps and began the next chapter of their lives!
- Outstanding Klein Family employees including our teachers and employees of the year, retirees, and service award recipients were celebrated in three face-to-face employee recognition banquets.
Our principals have been hard at work to ensure that the home stretch is full of memorable experiences for our students. In these last few weeks of school, we are looking forward to safely:
- Providing multiple opportunities for our 7,000+ employees and their eligible family members to receive vaccines.
- Hosting our students’ families at in-person end-of-the-year award ceremonies and other special events, including graduating our Class of 2021 seniors at Klein Memorial Stadium.
- Welcoming back to campuses our incredible volunteers. Learn more here!
MOVING FORWARD TO THE BEST YET!
As our students, families, and staff look forward to the 2021-2022 school year, what we will carry forward with us in our minds and memories is the strength of our Klein Family and its resolve to make the best of things together no matter what.
- As conditions continue to improve in our community, we anticipate that masks will be optional for students and staff beginning June 1, 2021. This should allow sufficient time for all of our employees who wish to be vaccinated to receive both doses of the vaccine.
We are all so hopeful to get “back to normal,” and yet, the simple truth is, after all we’ve been through together in the past year, we never can or will go back. Instead, Klein ISD is moving forward to the best yet for our kids and community! We are taking all of the hard lessons learned and the sacrifices made with us into a future that will be brighter for every student in our collective care.
I am grateful for the many ways that you have worked to overcome the disruption to our lives that we’ve experienced this school year. And I’m thankful for the grace, flexibility, and patience that you’ve extended to our entire Klein Family. We’re nearly there—let’s finish strong…together!
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 84-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors.
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas, located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 88 square miles and serves more than 53,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinfamily.net