STEM Summer Olympics Challenge Registration Begins
Few events in all the world rely on STEM innovations the way the Olympic games do. During the 2021-2022 school year, the STEAM Express will bring the innovations of the Tokyo Olympic games to Klein ISD.
There will be several challenges given to students to complete during the summer. Challenges will be in several categories of the various STEM fields in relation to the Summer Olympic games. We would like the students of Klein to be the ones to inspire others about the possibilities of STEM careers.
What are the challenges?
See a complete list and descriptions of each challenge from this link.
- Students will compete against those of the same school level as them.
- Students can choose to work with another student in Klein, but this is not necessary. Please limit groups to no more than three.
- Winners in each category will have their projects displayed on the STEAM Express next year for all students and community members to see. One winner will be chosen from each of the seven categories for every grade level (Elementary, Intermediate, and High School). We may take more than one winner from each grade level depending on the amount of space available.
- All challenges will be due by August 1st, 2021 by 11:59 pm that night.
- 3-D models should not exceed these dimensions (16” L X 12” W X 12” H). 3-D models can be displayed electronically if you use a program that can display something in 3-D form. (ex: Blender, CAD)
- All questions about the project can be directed to Marc Williams, the STEAM Express Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- All projects should reflect the honor code of Klein ISD, including dress, speech, and actions.
- You can choose to represent the future or present in your project. This allows you flexibility to dream into the future, or simply represent the innovations of the present.
Register for this event
Please fill out this form to show the areas that you are interested in. This will help us in our planning for August, and also give us the ability to support you while you work on your projects.
How to turn in your project
Please turn in your challenge by using this link. Due by August 1st.
*Projects will be turned in by you uploading a picture or video. Please give a good description so we understand everything you want us to know. Winners of each category will be asked to turn in the actual project. You can ask other departments if your project will be acceptable to use with them (Science, GT, etc…) if your project is not chosen.
How will the project be judged?
See link for details.
Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 81-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors. https://kleinisd.net/results
About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 87.5 square miles and serves more than 54,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.
Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinisd.net/story