Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Select Page

6 Klein ISD DI Teams Advance to Global Finals

6 Klein ISD DI Teams Advance to Global Finals

Following their big win at the state affiliate Lone Star Finals, six Klein ISD Destination Imagination (DI) teams will be moving on to the 2022 DI Global Finals

Throughout March, Texas Destination Imagination teams planned, created, and improved upon their team-created solutions for their respective challenges. 

While students previously took on teams from Texas, they will now be taking on challenges with kids from all over the world. Vistas Early College High School competed for the first time, making them the first university-level team from Klein ISD and the North Harris Community Problem Solving Organization to go to the Global finals.

The DI Global Finals will be held in Kansas City, MO, from May 21 through May 24. Klein ISD teams along with 600 other teams will be tested in 7 distinct categories and will have their performance evaluated by appraisers. During the competition, 75% of the teams’ scores are based on their performance during the central challenge solution. The remaining 25% will be based on their success in the instant challenge, which is kept a complete secret until the challenge. 

In Klein ISD, students can participate in Destination Imagination starting as young as the first grade! In addition, there is a Rising Stars challenge for little learners where they put their skills to the test. There is no prior experience needed for joining DI, but Team Managers do hold tryouts for students to join. 

These DI students of all ages have shown that they have what it takes to be innovative, critical thinkers in various categories. We can’t wait to see them at Globals and cheer them on!

Congratulations to these members of our Klein Family, and good luck at Globals! We are so proud of all of your hard work.

Teams Advancing to Globals 

Team NameCampusManagers
JAZVICsKOHSKristine Munger & Angel James
Purple MondaysKOHSKristine Munger & Angel James
DI in DIsguiseBenignusKelly Hammons & Jennifer Smith
The Avocado Loving DInosaursFoxLisa Mackey & Anja Mims
The Peanut Butter Boba CobrasTheissDavid Leith
C.I.A.VistasKelly Koen

 


Klein ISD is AAA in Academics, Arts, and Athletics.

Best Public Schools in Texas
Klein ISD has an established 84-year history of excellence and innovation in education with unique pathways for EVERY student in our care to ensure learners are college, career, military, and life ready. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly-esteemed organizations, it is clear that Our Shared Vision of every student entering with a promise and exiting with a purpose is a reality for EVERY student who walks through our doors.

About Klein ISD
Klein ISD is a school district in Klein, Texas, located in northwestern Harris County. The district spans approximately 88 square miles and serves more than 53,000 students in 33 elementary schools, 10 intermediate campuses, one high school program of choice, and 5 high schools.

Help Us Share Your Story
There are so many incredible individuals in the Klein Family making a lasting impact on our community. We want to recognize and celebrate our leaders and learners that are cultivating talent, building relationships, reimagining learning and making Promise2Purpose a reality daily. Share your story here: https://kleinfamily.net



Recent Videos

Loading...

Our Latest Podcasts

Archives